This Dog-Gone Life

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Rainy Days Are Here Again

Not much going on. Just finished my midterms and so far, so good. I got two A's already. Grades for my two other classes are not posted yet.

It's been raining the past week and I'm loving it. I don't know, there's something about the rain that calms me down. It sucks for my dogs because they can't really play outside too long. They're cooped up inside their house and I feel sorry for them. E agreed to leave the side door in the garage open so that the dogs can just go in and out of there. It's a much bigger space to play at when it's raining outside. I just hope they don't damage anything major by their chewing.

Tyler is a big chewer and when he was just a puppy, he chewed anything and everything, including the wires of our AC unit. When we called an electrician to fix it, he found the chewed up wires and was amazed that Ty didn't get electrocuted. And because it was our dog's fault, the home warranty didn't cover it. We ended up having to shell out $500 to get it fixed.

E was so mad he thought of giving Tyler away. But Tyler is my baby, I was pissed too but not enough for me to kick him out of the house. Tyler has mellowed down a lot since then but we're still cautious. We give him a lot of toys to play with so he doesn't get bored and starts chewing up stuff. As for the garage, I'll just wait and see. If he destroys anything, he'll be banished to his doghouse again in the backyard, which is not very fun with all this rain we're getting.