This Dog-Gone Life

Sunday, October 24, 2004

SF Quickie

Went to San Francisco today with E to meet his aunt who has a lay over on her way to Manila. We took two cars because I plan on driving back on Monday morning while E is going straight to work. E and I took her to Pacifica for a brief sight seeing. It's funny how they have a Taco Bell right on the water. There were a lot of surfers even though it was little chilly.

She has a video camera and wanted to tape us so that their family back home could see us. So, E and I dutifully stood there and said our hellos. Later that night, we watched the entire video and saw E's brother and his family in it. What's funny is that E and his brother said the same exact thing: "hello, kumusta?". Same phrase, same body language. I think that's pretty neat.

We took Tita F to a Korean restaurant for dinner and it was nice. They have tons of side dishes including my favorite, fish cakes. Yum, yum. We ordered chicken and beef bulgogie. For those who is not familiar with it, it's just raw meat that is cooked in the middle of your table where they have a charcoal/gas grill going. It was alright, the only thing I didn't like is that we cooked the food ourselves! I always thought it's the waitress that cooks it. I later asked Dong, who is Korean, who should really cook the food, the waitress or us? He said that one should ask the waitress, otherwise, they assume you'll cook it yourself. That sucks, there's another Korean place in Sacto that I used to visit and they always cooked my food without me having to ask them. I guess, it's different in every restaurant.

When we checked in to our hotel, they upgraded our room to one with a spa/jacuzzi tub (is there a difference?). Hehehe, I'm starting to get used to this little luxury since we always seem to end up with a spa tub everytime we stay in a hotel. When the time comes for us to upgrade the master's bath in our house, I'll definitely consider putting one in. It's just sooo nice. Man, I wish I have one already.