This Dog-Gone Life

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Fish and cornsnake day

I hang out with my friend Dong today. He has a beautiful saltwater aquarium with tons of real pretty fish. The rocks he used are imported from Fiji and brimming with live seawater plants. He has a clown fish "Nemo", a little blue "Dory", and others that are also brightly colored and just so adorable. He has sea anemones of different colors, sizes, and shapes. They look like flowers and their tentacles seem to dance with the water. He has sea cucumbers, snails, some shrimp-looking thingies, and a purple starfish too! I so wish I have an aquarium like that.
I have to remember to take a picture of it next time.

But the more interesting thing we did was to go to Petco to pick up his cornsnake. Yes, a snake! I was so horrified at first I bowed I'll never come over his place again. At the end I got curious so I went with him. It's a baby snake but it's about a foot long already. It's red with some white markings. I didn't look very close but the pattern is kinda geometric looking. While we were in the store, I picked up a care sheet for the snake and it said that it could grow up to six feet long. That's scary. Oh yeah, and he has to feed it frozen mice. Yikes.

We studied for a little bit and then went to the school gym. It's my first time to the gym since they opened it last quarter. It's huge and very modern (that's probably where my tuition and parking fee went). I was a little intimidated in the weights room because it was mostly guys working out. Dong showed me how to properly used the machines so as not to hurt myself. I have a little notebook to keep track of my progress. When I did my cardio on the treadmill, I was between these two girls who were running like there's no tomorrow. I tried my best to keep up with them but I just couldn't. What can I say, I'm a wimp. It's so sad. Good thing E has some healthy sandwich for me when I got home to eat my "sadness" away. hehehe. Pretty good sandwich too. Either that or I was just extremely hungry after a very long day.