This Dog-Gone Life

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Lost and Found Snake

The run away snake has been found! Hooray! And Dong decided to get rid of it for good. More Hooray!!!

E and I explored a trail a few minutes away from our house. It's more of a bike path really but it's in a wooded area. We brought Tyler and Shaggy along and they loved it. I wanted to see where the trail ends but it's a very long trail and after a good hour of walking, we decided to just turn around and head home. It was a nice nature walk but I'm afraid that's the closest I would get to going camping. E is just not into that stuff.

He's very prissy (as in, maarte) and his idea of camping is more like checking into a hotel, with a warm bed, shower, hot meals and maybe, if I'm lucky, we'll venture outside for an hour or so. Camping to me is pitching a tent in the woods or by the beach, eating out of cans, building bonfires, and really roughing it out for a few days to see nature up close and personal. E and I couldn't be any more different when it comes to camping. And that I don't understand. He used to be in the military and you'd expect him to be more of an outdoorsy type but he would rather play Xbox or maybe golf. The golf course is not considered outdoors, is it? With the manicured grass and artificial ponds and sand and stuff? Well, maybe it is, just not in my book.