This Dog-Gone Life

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Mission Accomplished

We finished the side yard! Yippeee!!! Just when I thought I've touched enough stones to last me a lifetime and I'll never touch another stone ever, E and I came up with this plan for our walkway which, unfortunately, involves guess what? Yep, more stones. You see, our house is a two storey house and looks tall while our walkway is a narrow strip of concrete flushed to the side of the house. So, it doesn't look very proportional. We think that if we place stones about a foot wide right next to the walkway, it would look like it has been expanded. I'll probably put some plants in there to add interest. Not to be outdone, E said he'll put some solar ligthing in there too. I think it's a good idea, it's also not overly expensive, and something that we'll have fun doing.

On the same note, I planted some ivy along the fence hoping that I could do some vertical gardening. Regular or horizontal gardening is out of the question because of my doggies. They will destroy anything and everything until we get them a dog run. Well, that's not going to happen til next summer because there's no contractor that would do it at this time. So, until then, all of my gardening plans are on hold. Stinks.

I'd love to get dirt under my nails and grow veggies and have some fresh cut flowers but nope, I can't even plant bulbs for spring time because I heard it's really bad for dogs and knowing Tyler, he will dig it out faster than I could bury it. Oh well...