This Dog-Gone Life

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Nassau Part 2

We were supposed to go to Coco Cay today but the Captain decided to just stay at Nassau due to inclement weather.

E and I spent the whole day at the beach. We rented a couple of lounge chairs and had some coconut juice. I played in the water and when I got tired, I had the top of my hair braided. That was no joke, the lady really made sure my braids were tight and pulled my hair so hard I had to dug my hands and feet in the sand to keep from complaining too much. E never got up from his lounge chair for almost three hours. The beach was so nice I just wished we could have stayed there a little longer.

For our last night in the ship, there was a stand up comedian and he was hilarious. That was the best show ever. I heard that he's a regular at Jay Leno's show but since I'm more of David Letterman's person, I really don't know him. He made me laugh for an hour and got me thinking I should probably check out the comedy clubs in Sacramento, namely The Punchline.

There was also an excellent father and son balancing act. I sat on the edge of my seat and held my breath because the son was precariously perched way on top of his father and the boat was swaying! I really thought I was watching an accident waiting to happen but their performance was flawless and went without a hitch. Boy, I was never been so happy to be wrong. They bowed out to much applause from the crowd.

E and I went to the bar again lest our bartender friends miss us. Hehehe. We had a few drinks and they didn't even want to charge us at all! We insisted on paying but they wouldn't hear it. So, we resorted to leaving some cash instead. Whatever money we spent in the bar, we surely got double that amount in alcohol.

Awesome vacation, I tell ya'. Tons of food, good sights, pristine beach, warm locals, a broader perspective, new friends, and alcohol up the wazoo, what else could I ask for? I'm definitely taking another cruise.