This Dog-Gone Life

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Crappy day

I took Peachy and Shaggy today to the groomer. I was told that Shaggy MUST be shaved inspite of it being winter and all. I was told that his dread locks are bad for his skin and he is most likely in pain. I put up a weak resistance by saying he's going to get really cold but I quickly clammed up when the doggie barber, with her fierce blue eyes, told me to keep him inside or put a sweater over him but the hair MUST go. She was very firm and persistent. I could sense that she's not trying to make money off me or anything. She only wants what's good for my dog. I finally agreed and was told to come back in four hours.

When I came to pick them up, Shaggy looked like an emaciated rat or something. The grooming cost quite a bit too. Not only did I have to pay bucco money, I also got a very sad looking dog. What a crappy day.