This Dog-Gone Life

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Vet Day

No, not Veteran's Day, veterinarian day. E and I took Tyler and Peachy to the vet today for their annual PT and booster shots. When Tyler stepped on the scale, it read 134 lbs! WTF!?! My boy is 134 lbs???? And we thought he's losing weight already. Gosh, how did he get sooo big? And then they weighed Peachy who used to be 12 lbs. Now she's only 9 lbs. That's when it occured to me that Tyler must have been stealing Peachy's food. Thief!

Other than Ty's weight issue, they both passed with flying colors. Whew! I'm glad the doctor didn't find anything wrong with them or I'd be so broke. The visit alone cost us almost 200 bucks and we still have to get Peachy's teeth cleaned and bring Shaggy for his PT and booster shots next month. Oh yeah, we also have to pay for Tyler's kennel when we leave for FL, Peachy's plane ticket, and she and Shaggy need to be groomed soon. Dang! These dogs are expensive.