This Dog-Gone Life

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Just getting ready

We're getting ready to leave for our two weeks trip to FL. I'm doing all the preparation since E is still working. I made an appointment for Peachy and Shaggy at the groomers for today. I was told they might have to shave Shaggy's hair off since his hair is all knotted/matted (parang dread locks).After thinking through it last night, I decided that I'm going to get his hair trimmed and not shaved since he loves to be outdoors with Tyler and without his coat, he's not going to survive this nasty winter. As for Peachy, she's going to need a trim, ear cleaning, and her nails cut.

Part of my "getting ready to leave" is to clean the garage. I broke down tons cardboard boxes and organized our stuff there a little bit. E and I have become the typical American family whose garage is so full of junk that we have to leave our cars, which are worth a heck a lot more than our junk, outside the house. It's really E's fault, he has way more stuff than me. Granted I have more shoes but what he lacks in shoes, he makes up in clothes big time. He occupies two big closets in our room while I only use one. His closets are busting out of clothes and is beginning to spill onto the closet in the guest room while mine is very roomy. While I was cleaning the garage, I also noticed he has two golf carts and two golf bags! This guy has two or more of everything. I'm seriously thinking of selling his stuff on eBay. Hehehe. I bet he won't notice.

Oh yeah, we're also going on a cruise to the Carribean! It's only for three days and we're going to Nassau and Cococay in Bahamas but I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun! We're leaving Miami on the 27th and we'll be back on the 30th. The schedule is so perfect such that we can celebrate Christmas and New Year with E's family. We want to go to Disneyland in Orlando too (E, as old and big as he is, still loves Mickey and Minnie) but we might not have enough time. We'll just wait and see.