This Dog-Gone Life

Sunday, October 03, 2004

A relaxing weekend...Not Part 2

The phone's ringing rudely woke us up this morning. Normally, I get PO'd by early calls but it was my mom on the other line. I'm always happy to hear from her. She finally got a cell phone and said that she's still trying to figure it out...apparently, so is the time difference between Philippines and California. I'm not hopeful she'll figure that one out anytime soon. She'll call me whenever the mood strikes her.

E and I worked on the side yard again. And I mean, we really worked. Boy, I'm so sore I feel like a semi has run me over a couple of times. I shoveled stones and pushed the wheelbarrow as much as I could. E did most of the work because he's bigger and stronger but I helped out a lot too. The side yard is now half filled with stones. We stopped around 11 AM to eat and rest. One more weekend of this and it should be done. Assuming we didn't actually break our backs today.