This Dog-Gone Life

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Back to school grief

My excitement of going back to school has been dampened by the prices of my books and the parking permit. :( I actually get to borrow most of my books from friends but I still had to shell out about $250 for some lecture packets I can't borrow because they update those darn things every quarter. Sigh.

And the parking permit is $121 per quarter! Good grief! I went to the parking office to my buy the permit and there was this girl/receptionist who explains the different types of permits, the prices, etc. The Pinay that I am, I tried to tawad (haggle) because I'm only in school half day in most days. I guess I'm not very convincing because that didn't work and I had to pay the full price. Arrgghhh! Such blatant price gouging.

Commuters like me are getting ripped off because UCD operates its own bus system. All undergraduates ride for free because the fee is already factored in our tuition. So, I'm technically double paying because I already paid for the bus that I will never ride (when I paid my tuition) and I still have to pay for parking. If they would only extend their bus route all the way to where I live, then I'll gladly ride the bus. But nope, that would be too convenient and they have to gouge money from students somehow. Kainis.