This Dog-Gone Life

Friday, April 01, 2005

Updates

Gosh, it's been awhile since I last updated my blog. Here are the things that happened between then and now according to my handy dandy planner.

March 31 --- first day of Spring Quarter, end of fun for me.

March 30 --- grades are out and I'm happy to report I received three A's. Never mind that I got one C. That was from that class I thought I was going to fail. More than half of the class failed so, I guess I'm still okay.

March 25-27 --- worked on the yard. It's so overgrown, it's horrible. E and I were pulling out weeds so tall they could have been small trees. Instead of using one of those handheld digging tool, I was using a crowbar. I'm not exaggerating either.

March 24 --- hung out with my best friend M and another friend, Jess. We went antiquing near the town of Folsom. E thought it was stupid to buy really really old stuff for more money. I think so too but I went along anyway or M would be whining I don't love her enough.

I bought a marble coffee table and M found a really pretty hanging basket for her kitchen. Jess cooked dinner for us and it was yummy. It was falafel stuffed in pita bread with feta cheese, tomatoes, onions, peppercini, and with yogurt mixed with balsamic vinegar as sauce. Falafel is an Arabic dish and it was a good way to expand my culinary horizon. Heh!

March 22 --- first day of Spring Break. Actually, more like clean-up time for me since I totally neglected all house chores because of finals. I'm not going anywhere since the break is too short to travel anyway.

March 16-21 --- FINALS!!! As usual, I was stressed, sleepless, and subsisted only on caffeine. Oh yeah, I did treat myself once at IHOP with a steak and eggs breakfast but I was too distracted to really enjoy my food. I was too worried that I might not pass this one class.

March 11 --- took a trip to Genentech with the Microbiology Club from school. It was really interesting. We had to wear booties, head covers, and blue jumpsuits inside the plant and we all looked goofy. Too bad I couldn't bring my camera in or I would have snapped a picture just to embarrass my classmates. hehehe. Genentech is an amazing place; they don't manufacture aspirin or OTCs, their drugs are mostly last resort medicine for those that are terminally ill.

On our way back to school, we encountered a pervert on the freeway and we ended up calling the police on his ass. I don't want to get into the details cause he was just too gross. Yuck!

March 9 --- E's birthday! Happy Birthday Sweetheart. I took E for a dinner at Outback, after that we went to a comedy club with some friends in Sacramento and had a blast! I was told that it was actually one of the best shows they've had there.