This Dog-Gone Life

Monday, January 17, 2005

Dirty floor and shrunken coat

Argh!!! I came home last night to one very dirty floor. There were muddy paw prints of varying size on the floor and some shoe marks too! I don't need to be a CSI and be all forensics about it to determine who are the culprits. The big paw prints belong to Tyler, the medium ones are Shaggy's, the little ones belong to Peachy. The shoe marks are E's, since he's the only other human who lives in our house. Mr. Libby, the mop, and I are becoming fast friends.

E did the laundry and I was pretty happy about it until I discovered he washed and dried my favorite purple wool coat. It's wool, it's not supposed to be washed and dried like the rest of our clothes. It's supposed to be dry-cleaned or it will shrink! And shrunk it did. It now looks like a ten year old's coat. More aarrghh!!! That was my most favorite coat, and it was a gift from his mom. The past couple of days are clearly not so shining moments of my man.