This Dog-Gone Life

Sunday, January 16, 2005

K as in carrot

WTF!?! Mwahahaha!!! That's what my best bud said when she was trying to spell her name out for our IT guy over the phone! Hahaha. She was serious too. But to her credit, when she realized what she said, she immediately "remedied" it by saying, "I mean, like a diamond. As in the karat of a diamond." But still, I couldn't stop laughing my butt off. I burst out laughing everytime I look at her. Take note, she's an English major. I love her to pieces but man, her being blonde still remains, long after her hair has turned brown.

Don't get me wrong though, Pinoys aren't exempt from temporary lapse of intelligence. Case in point, I asked E to get me some zucchini from the store. Guess what he brought home? Cucumbers.

E: Hon, I bought you cucumbers.
Me: Thanks, but I asked for zucchini.

a pause

E: It's the same, isn't it?
Me: No, it's not.
E: Well, what's the difference?

I was tempted to say, um, for one, the spelling. Geez, what is the world coming to?