This Dog-Gone Life

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Thanksgiving Dinner Success

Our Thanksgiving dinner went smoothly. I got my wish of a real sit-down dinner. We had a smaller number of guests than expected due to a friend's last minute cancellation. That was soo fine with me because that meant I could sit everybody on our dining table and I can complete my table setting with cloth napkins and wine glasses too!

E's deep fried turkey was delicious and the rest of our food was equally good. The conversation was long and funny over coffee and desserts. Our guests came around 5 pm and stayed 'til 10 pm. The clean-up was a breeze. I just loaded everything up in the dishwasher and with the Tita's help, we were done in no time.

I'm just glad everything went well. I was full of anxiety as this was my first time hosting a Thanksgiving dinner. All I really asked is that nothing major goes wrong (i.e. our house burning down with all the cooking we have to do). Well, nothing got burned, not even our turkey. Yay!